Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sweet Potato, and Sweet Dumpling Squash

My mom recently introduced me to sweet potato and sweet dumpling squash; and I'm glad she did! They are absolutely delicious and make a nice side dish to any fall entree. They actually reminded me a little of a Yukon gold potato, but much better. These squash along with many other kinds are in abundance right now, and simple to make. Simply cut squash in half and remove seeds. Set oven to 350. Place squash on tinfoil face down. With a fork poke several holes into the skin of the squash. Place in oven for 35-45 minutes and cook until soft. Serve with butter and salt or a little brown sugar. Hope you enjoy these wonderful fall squash as much as I did! Enjoy!


Note:

**I bought my squash at a local farm. They may be sold at farmers markets and or other produce markets.

1 comment:

  1. I just discovered the sweet potato squash this past weekend and absolutely loved it! Yum yum!

    ReplyDelete