Thursday, November 19, 2009

Easy Chicken Ravioli

This is an easy way to make ravioli using won ton wrappers. I always wanted to try it, but I always thought they would fall apart when you boiled them. I tried making them for the first time last night, and they came out perfect! I was really surprised. I thought it was a great alternative to a traditional ravioli. I liked using the won ton wrappers because they were so light. When I finished eating I didn't feel like I had just ate a lot of heavy pasta. I was full, but didn't have that pasta hang over that you sometimes get after eating a lot of carbs. I definitely would make this again and encourage you to try!

Ingredients:

3 1/2 oz. Minced Chicken
2 T Fresh Basil, chopped
1/4 C Grated Parmesan
3 Spring Onions, chopped finely
1/2 Ricotta
Dash of Salt & Pepper
1 t Italian Seasoning Blend
1 Pkg Won Ton Wrappers

To Make:

Mix first 7 ingredients in a bowl. Lay out 24 won ton wrappers and brush slightly with water. Scoop 1 teaspoon of chicken mixture in the center of each won ton. Make sure not to over stuff. Place another won ton wrapper on top and press the edges together until sealed. You may want to dip your fingers in some water and run them along the edge of each ravioli, just to make sure there is a tight seal.

In a large stock pot add water and a dash of salt. Bring water to a boil, and boil ravioli in small batches. Maybe 5-6 at a time. Cook for 3 minutes. Place cooked ravioli into a large serving dish, drizzle olive oil over the tops to prevent them from sticking to each other, or serve immediately with your favorite pasta sauce.

If you need a recipe for marinara, there is one listed under July recipes.

Tips:

You can fill the ravioli with just about anything you 'd like. Sausage and goat cheese I think would be great. Mushrooms, roasted red peppers, even squash I think would be very tasty as well. You just have to be careful to not over fill the won top wrappers. If you fill them too much you can not get the tight seal you need on the edges, and the filling will fall out when boiled.

Hope you enjoy this one as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment