Monday, November 2, 2009

Pot Roast

Fall is in the air, and with that comes hearty warm home cooked meals! The air is crisp and makes me think of being a kid. Those days I'd spend countless hours outside raking piles of leaves and jumping into them. The best part was coming in from the outside. My mother always had something wonderful cooking to warm our souls. One that I remember most is pot roast. The warm tender meat with root vegetables was a staple recipe for the fall. Here is my mothers recipe, hope you enjoy!

Ingredients:

3 lb. Chuck Roast
1 Can Mushroom Soup
1 Pkg Dry Lipton Onion Soup Mix
16 oz. Cola
Salt & Pepper
Carrots
Red Potatoes

How To Make:

Clean potatoes and carrots and rough chop them. I use just enough vegetables to cover the bottom of my crock pot. Once vegetables are placed, put chuck roast on top of them. Season meat and veggies with salt and pepper. Pour mushroom soup over ingredients. Next sprinkle dry onion soup over meat. Lastly gently pour cola over everything. Cook on low for 8 hours. Remove meat from crock once finished and shred. Serve immediately.

I know the cola sounds weird in this recipe, but it really gives the meat a nice flavor. I used Pepsi. You can really use whatever you like most. You can even cut up onions, squash or any other hearty vegetable that will benefit from a slow cooking process to add additional flavor. Hope you like this great home style dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment