Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Whole Jar of Peanut Butter Cookies

One of my fondest memories as a kid, was going to my grandma's house. She always had peanut butter cookies, and was truly a special treat when I'd see her. It just so happens that the last time I saw her she asked me to make her peanut butter cookies! Since she doesn't bake anymore, I of course said I would be more then happy to bake her some cookies. Besides, it gave me reason to bake, which I absolutely love to do! I of course couldn't just make ordinary peanut butter cookies. I had to make THE best peanut butter cookies ever!

This is my version of a kicked up peanut butter cookie! Hope you like them as much as my grandma did!

What you'll need:

1 Cup Butter
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 Egg Yolk
2 t Vanilla
1 (18 oz.) Jar Peanut Butter
2 Cups Flour
1 t Baking Soda
1/2 t Salt
1 Bag Peanut Butter Chips
1/2 Bag Butterscotch Chips

Using a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Add the eggs, then the yolk, and vanilla. Mix until fluffy. Add the peanut butter and mix until blended. Next add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until all ingredients have been combined. Lastly, add peanut butter chips, and butterscotch chips.

Set oven to 350. Roll dough into balls and place on cookie sheet. Using a fork, flatten surface. Bake cookies 12-15 minutes. Make sure not to overcook! Take cookies out of oven right when they begin to brown. These cookies taste best moist and not crunchy.

Let cookies cool completely, and store in air tight container. I also layered mine with plastic wrap to ensure the cookies stay fresh and moist. Enjoy!

Tips:

***I like to use Jiff Natural Peanut Butter. It does not have any hydrogenated oils or high fructose corn syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment