Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fresh Corn And Avacado Pico de Gallo

I have to admit I have a slight addiction to chips, salsa and pico de gallo. None of this stuff from the jar. I'm talking fresh! Nothing is better then the combination of peppers, tomato, onion and lime on a slightly salted chip! A perfect snack for a hot afternoon! I made this recipe for the 4th of July and it was a crowd pleaser. It's great served with chips, but I think it would also be great as a side to grilled chicken and fish! Enjoy!





What you need:



1 Poblano pepper


1 Sweet pepper (red, orange, yellow)


2 Cups grape tomatoes quartered


1 Cup corn


1/4 Cup finely chopped red onion


1/4 Cup cilantro


1/2 teaspoon shredded lime peel


2 Tablespoons lime juice


1 Teaspoon sea salt


1-2 Cloves garlic


Splash of hot sauce


1 Avocado, seeded and chopped (added just before serving)



How to make:



Place poblano and sweet pepper on a foil lined baking sheet and put into broiler. Turning occasionally, broil until skins get blistered and slightly blackened. Remove from broiler and allow pepper to cool. Once cool, remove blackened skins, stems and seeds. Chop peppers into small pieces.



In a bowl combine peppers and all ingredients except avocado. Mix until combined. Cover with foil and chill for 24 hours. Prior to serving dice avocado and mix into pico de gallo. Serve with chips and preferably a margarita!!




**Notes



I made a slightly larger batch then the recipe called for because I wanted to use a combination of different roasted peppers. I added more lime juice and a bit more seasoning to adjust to more ingredients.



I think pineapple or black beans would also be great added to this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment