Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Basil Pesto

Basil to me is the best herb! I can never get enough of it, and it tastes fantastic fresh! Since I have quite a bit of it growing on my patio, I have decided to make fresh pesto. It's easy to make, and taste great on pasta, pizza and sandwiches!

What you need:
2 Cups Packed Fresh Basil Leaves (I like to mix my regular basil with some spicy basil)

1/4 Cup Toasted Pine Nuts

2 Cloves of Garlic

1 t Sea Salt

1/2 t Fresh Ground Pepper

2/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil

1/2 Cup Fresh Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese


How To Make:

Put first 5 ingredients into a blender or food processor, and pulse. Gradually add enough olive oil to make a smooth and thick mixture. Once desired consistency has been met, transfer pesto to a bowl and stir in cheese. Add more salt and pepper to taste. Store in refrigerator in air tight container. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment