Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Cooking Tip For Salad Dressing

Don't you hate when you make homemade oil and vinegar based salad dressing that it turns into a solid when you put it into the refrigerator? I learned last night at a cooking class at one of my favorite local restaurants that you should mix your oils. Meaning if your making an oil and vinegar dressing, instead of just using straight olive oil you should use a blend of olive and canola oil to prevent forming a solid when placed in the refrigerator. This blend should be 75% canola oil and 25% olive oil.

I went shopping this morning at my local produce market, and needed to get some more olive oil. As I was walking down the isle, I noticed that they actually make oil that is all ready blended with the exact percentage you need for dressing. I was not even aware that this existed! How fantastic I thought, that the work had all ready been done for me. It was really inexpensive too!The photo above is a picture of the bottle I took. If you can not find one at your local store, e-mail me and I will let you know where I found mine and the brand name.

No comments:

Post a Comment