Monday, August 3, 2009

Grilled Chiles Rellenos

The one thing I do not like about chiles rellenos is most recipes say to fry the peppers. Since I'm not a huge fan of frying food, and I love to grill, I thought I'd try this recipe on the grill.

I took 4 poblano peppers and put them on the grill set to high heat. I let them cook for about 7-8 minutes per side until they became charred and blistered. When they were done, I wrapped them in foil and set them on the counter to steam for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes I unwrapped them and allowed them to cool. Once cooled I peeled the charred skins off of them, slit them open on one side and removed the seeds. (Do not cut all the way through the pepper because they will be stuffed.)

For the stuffing:

Fresh corn from two cobs
1 Cup Crated Queso Fresco
Chopped Cilantro (to taste)
Dash of Chipotle Pepper

In a bowl combine corn, cheese, and cilantro. Mix all three ingredients and begin to stuff peppers. Place stuffed peppers on a sheet of heavy duty foil. Cut a large enough piece to bring two sides up and roll over several times to seal. Fold the ends tight enough that juices to not run out. Once foil packet is created, turn your grill to medium heat. Put foil packet on the grill for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.

Serve peppers immediately with sour cream. This recipe was easy to make and is a healthier version of the typical fried chiles rellenos. It's great for summer and packed with flavor! Hope you enjoy!

1 comment: