Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Tomato Watermelon Salad

I like to eat lighter in the summer and use as many fresh vegetables as I can since they are now all in season. If your looking for something quick, easy and fresh to eat tonight for dinner you may want to try my tomato watermelon salad!

Ingredients:

1 Medium Tomato, chopped
1 Cup Watermelon, chopped (I use the seedless black diamond watermelon)
Mixed Spring Greens
Olive Oil
Balsamic
Salt & Pepper
Feta Cheese
Slivered Almonds

Directions:

When I make this, I'm usually making it for just myself. If your feeding it to a family you will need to adjust the amounts. Simply double or triple the recipe.

Take the chopped tomato and chopped watermelon and mix together in a bowl. You may want to make this an hour ahead of time just so the juices can mix a little. Place spring greens on a plate. The amount is entirely to you, it depends on how much of them you want to eat. Next take the tomato and watermelon mix and place on top of greens. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic over salad. Add a dash of sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. Sprinkle feta cheese and slivered almonds and toss. You can even add diced grilled chicken to this salad if you wanted to add some protein.

This summer salad is really easy to make and is packed with flavor! Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment