Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Cake Balls

I had a request for this recipe. I just made it this past week. I know the name of it sounds really silly, but is super easy to make, and tastes great! I got this recipe off of Channel 5 morning news!

Ingredients:

1 box Cake Mix (any flavor you like)
1 can Frosting (any flavor you like)
1 bag Melting Chocolate
1 jar Sprinkles

Instructions:

Bake cake mix per instructions on the box for a 9x13 pan. Once cake is cooled, take a large bowl, crumble up the cake completely. Add one can of frosting to crumbled cake and stir until blended. Once cake and frosting have been thoroughly mixed, place mixture in refrigerator and chill for about an hour. Take mixture out and form donut hole sized balls with the mix and place on a cookie sheet with parchment. After all balls have been formed, place in freezer for 30-45 minutes. Melt chocolate, and dip frozen cake balls in the chocolate placing them back on parchment to set. While chocolate is still soft add sprinkles to the top of each ball.

My thoughts of this recipe:

I like this recipe because the options are endless. I used white cake with vanilla frosting and dipped them in white chocolate. They tasted just like petits fours. You can use what ever flavor cake, frosting and chocolate you want so you really can create just about anything. You can even top them something other then sprinkles like a different type of chocolate or maybe even a berry of some sort before the chocolate was to set. I did store mine in the frig so the chocolate wouldn't melt. I let them warm up to room temp. before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment