Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Pineapple Zucchini Bread

Since zucchini is in abundance right now, I thought I'd post another zucchini recipe. This is the first time I've ever made this bread, but thought it sounded good since it wasn't your typical zucchini bread recipe. I thought it would be nice to use my mini loaf pan instead of your typical loaf pan so I can give it to friends and family as a gift. I baked the bread this morning, took it out of the pan and had all six of my mini loaves cooling on a rack. While they were cooling I decided to go upstairs and do some work. I went upstairs, received a phone call, and proceeded to talk. Out of the corner of my eye, I see my little dog walking with something in his mouth. Mind you I have two well mannered dogs, one is 12 lbs. and the other is 20 lbs. Both are small and by no means can reach the top of a kitchen counter. I have no idea how they got one of the loaves. I seriously think one stood on the others back. One was the look out, and the other one was the thief. It remains a mystery! In all of the years I've lived in this house, this has never happened before! I have left all kinds of food on the counter, and they have never managed to steal anything! I thought to myself, this bread must smell so damn good that it literally was driving the dogs crazy and they just had to have some. At least they shared and split a loaf! Since it was irresistible to them, I thought for sure this was going to be irresistible to others!

Ingredients:

3 Eggs
1 C Oil
2 t Vanilla
2 C Shredded Zucchini
8 oz. Can Crushed Pineapple (drained)
3 C Flour
2 t Baking Soda
1/4 t Baking Powder
1 t Salt
1 t Cinnamon
3/4 t Nutmeg

Directions:

Beat eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla until thick. Add zucchini and pineapple. Once combined add the remainder of the ingredients to the mix. Pour into 2 greased loaf pans and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

Notes:
***I added raisins and chopped pecans to the mix. If you use mini loaf pans like I did, this recipe will make six.
***I also took some powdered sugar a little warm water and some vanilla to add a drizzle to the top of each loaf.


This recipe comes from cooks.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment