Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Don't Forget The Doggies!

When I came home today, I was greeted by my two crazy dogs who spun in circles, stood on two legs and gave out slobbers to greet me. To think they did all that just because I walked in the door, imagine if I really did something impressive what they'd do! Since I am a dog owner, and I know a lot of my readers are also dog owners, I thought I'd post a recipe my dogs love! It's a simple carob chip and peanut butter biscuit.

Ingredients:

2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
1 Cup Natural Peanut Butter
1 Cup Skim Milk
1/2 Cup Carob Chips

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 375. Mix peanut butter and milk together. Add the carob chips, and slowly incorporate dry ingredients. Mix until a dough is formed. Turn out dough on a floured surface and knead. Roll dough out to 1/4 inch thick. Cut with cookie cutter (dog bone shape). Place on greased cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Cool on rack and store in an airtight container.

My Thoughts:

My dogs love these biscuits! They're easy to make, and they make a lot. The biscuits store really well in a container, and can last a good amount of time. A good gift idea for other fellow dog owners is to put biscuits in cute little bags from a party store and tie with ribbon. You can even melt some carob chips and dip the ends of the biscuit. What dog doesn't like peanut butter?! Woof!

No comments:

Post a Comment